Tuesday 14 December 2010

Pin the Nose on Rudolph

I made a new game for P.1 students to play during our X'mas lesson. I drew inspiration from a childhood game "Pin the tail on the Donkey". So here's my version of "Pin the nose on Rudolph".


I labelled some of the body parts which corresponded to a scoring chart. Students were blindfolded and spun around 3 times. A red paper circle with some blue tac attached on the back was used as the nose.


 

The goal of the game is for students to pin the red paper circle as close to Rudolph's nose as possible on the game board. The closer you are to the nose the more points you will gain for your team.



This game is simple but kids love it. You can use the game to your teaching advantage. For example, I used it as a revision game. My kids had been learning about phonics word families via nursery rhymes this term so I got them all to sing/revise a nursery rhyme, then I would ask a question about that nursery rhyme. The student who answered the question correctly got to come out to play. For some higher ability classes I asked students to come out in pairs. One would be blindfolded while the other gave instructions to direct the pinning (up, down, left, right). They had 5 seconds to pin the nose down. Keeping it short and fast is the key to maintaining their excitement for the game.


   

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...